Tuesday, July 9, 2013

What is Shakeology?

I do a lot of Facebook and Instagram posts about Shakeology.  Many people have no idea what I am talking about, and think that I must be referring to some type of protein shake.  I'm here to give a little bit more of an explanation. :)

While Shakeology does have protein, it is not "just a protein shake."  It is much more.  One scoop of Shakeology will give you all the vitamins you need for the day along with many other benefits.  Shakeology also helps:
  • Curb cravings:  Although I do my best to eat well, I am not perfect.  I still get cravings.  If I can refrain from opening my husband's treat cupboard (yes, a cupboard), and instead have a Shakeology, I am fine.  There are times I don't have the restraint, but when I do have Shakeology, I feel so much better and I'm able to kick the cravings to the curb.
  • Save time:  Shakeology is meant to be a MEAL replacement.  Some days I have it for breakfast.  It has all the nutrition I need, and keeps me full.  Some days I have it for lunch or dinner.  Who likes not having to cook?  This girl.
  • Save money!  I will be 100% honest.  Before getting hooked on Shakeology myself, I took a look at the price and closed the internet browser I was using.  Ha!  Yeah right.  I was NOT going to pay that much for a "protein shake."  I personally paid about $40 for more than a 30 day supply, thank you very much.  Little did I know the health benefits associated with Shakeology.  I have always had problems with regularity.  Yep, TMI.  Shakeology is jam packed with nutrients that give you fiber, help you eat clean, and pays for one of your meals.  It is about $4.30 per shake when you break down the cost.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you were to go buy all those vitamins, supplements, and natural ingredients from a grocery store (especially if they were organic), you'd be paying a heck of a lot more.  When you go through a drive thru, you're definitely paying more than $5 for a meal that is not even comparable in nutritional value (and more than 5x the calories).  Not only is the price very reasonable once you compare those costs, but it will help you save money on medical bills.
  • Keep the weight off!  Shakeology is not just a weight loss drink.  It is a nutritional supplement.  Yes, it will help you lose weight.  The great thing about Shakeology though is that it is beneficial even after you are finished losing the weight.  Its health benefits far outweigh the "weight loss" benefits.
Usually when we diet, we cut calories. Cutting calories is a sure way to lose weight, and it worked for me. We do well with cutting calories for a couple of weeks; however, when we cut calories from our diets, we get ornery and tired because we are also cutting out nutrients that we need! We end up binging and giving up. I know this cycle well. I went through it for more than four years before I found Beachbody. Nutrition is 80% of weight loss. If we can't control what we eat, we will have a difficult time losing weight. Shakeology is such an amazing solution because it helps us cut calories while still getting all the nutrition we need. I have yet to find a time where I don't feel full after finishing my shake.
 
Case in point, Shakeology helps us eat well, which leads to a healthy lifestyle. Weight loss is a byproduct of improved health! Being healthy is a way of life. I personally have never felt better.
Because Shakeology is so packed with nutrients, you may have an "adjustment" period while your body rids itself of toxins. I took a digestive enzyme (found at a natural food's store) which helped tremendously! I personally have a sensitive stomach, but now that my body has adjusted, I am fine. I just wasn't used to having so many saturated nutrients in one sitting. :)
 
Please email me if you would like to try Shakeology!  You can buy it through Beachbody at www.shakeology.com/kickupthefit, or click on the picture above.  It may sound like a big investment, but the great thing is that Beachbody will let you try it for 30 days.  If you decide it's not for you, you can get your money back - even if you've finished the bag.  If you'd like to try a smaller amount before purchasing a bag, please send me an email, kickupthefit@gmail.com.  I have single serving packets that you can purchase before buying.  The packets are $5 each.  I do recommend trying it for 4-5 days.  One day is not enough time for your body to react to the nutritional benefits.  I promise you one thing, your body is worth the investment.  It has helped me tremendously.  When will you start giving your body the health it deserves?

No comments:

Post a Comment